Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
Patroller Tactical Systems
Having unmanned airborne means of surveillance and control gives armed forces a distinct advantage. With Patroller, Safran Electronics & Defense offers an upgradeable UAV system and multiple sensors, the configuration of which is adapted to each mission. It is easy to deploy and extremely flexible to use.
Patroller, the versatile UAV for security applications
The diverse nature of homeland security missions requires the use of versatile equipment. Patroller UAV can discreetly cover a wide range of homeland security missions: border and coastal surveillance, police or highway surveillance missions, protection of sensitive sites or infrastructures, monitoring of natural disasters, etc. With a flexible offer, systems can be acquired, hired or covered by flight-by-the-hour service contracts with maintenance.
The technical characteristics of the Patroller:
- 20-hour flight at 20,000 ft
- payload > 250 kg
- day/night optronic sensor
- automatic take-off and landing (typical landing strip 600 meters)
- compact control station (2/3 people depending on configuration of onboard sensors)
- possibility of adding fuel tanks under the wings
- additional payloads according to mission (surveillance radar, communications monitoring, etc.)
- direct image transmission to ground units or intervention vehicles via RVT
Patroller composite airframe is certified by EASA to civil aviation standards EASA CS 23.