In theater, tanks and vehicles require high-performance navigation, observation, detection, self-protection and engagement systems. With its equipment and systems offer for both new and modernization applications, Safran Electronics & Defense increases the effectiveness of your combat and reconnaissance units on the ground.
Safran Electronics & Defense's solutions for main battle tanks and armored vehicles cover all your operational needs over the entire spectrum of operations.
- For orientation positioning on the ground, Safran develops precise, reliable inertial navigation systems.
- For target observation and surveillance, Safran offers high-performance, proven optronic solutions: thermal and multifunction cameras, medium and long range observation systems, wide-angle sensors, surveillance sights, optronic masts, etc.
- For the detection, tracking and engagement of targets, the Safran fire control systems optimize the operational capacities of your combat vehicles. Safran's complete, modular offer includes gunner sights, panoramic sights and pointing systems.
- For the protection of light armored vehicles, Safran offers effective, competitive solutions, such as the remotely-controlled turret or the missile jammer.
- To improve the operational effectiveness of your units on the ground, Safran's SPIDER tactical information system integrated in vehicles accelerates the exchange of information.
Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
Sensor to shooter
The aim of the sensor-to-shooter process is to provide operational superiority by completely mastering all information in a theater of operations. The deployment of new technologies is part of a real-time operational cycle that links sensors to shooters ("e¬ffectors"), with everything united by command and coordination systems.
- 20,000soldier modernization systems deployed or on order
- 19,000thermal imagers delivered
- 9,000multifunction binoculars deployed or on order