Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
SPIDER Fire Support
Guaranteeing the safety and accuracy of supporting fire is a key expectation that is a constant concern for combat units. With its Storm system solutions, now integrated into the Spider battlefield digitization suite, Safran Electronics & Defense offers a choice of solutions to improve firing safety, accuracy and efficiency.
Three solutions adapted to your needs
For better ergonomics and easy deployment, Storm is available in three solutions for the infantry and artillery.
- Storm FMS (Fire Management System), a complete fire management chain, from target acquisition through to firing.
- Storm WMS (Weapon Management System), a modernization kit transforming any gun into a modern fire unit.
- Storm FCC (Fire Control Computer), a light, autonomous fire computer.
Twenty countries have chosen Safran Electronics & Defense to digitize their guns and mortar platoons.
Storm FMS has:
- target acquisition means (JIM/Vector), orientation and true north finders (GonioLight, Sterna) for Forward Observers
- projectable fire coordination system, communication network, fire distribution algorithms and ballistic calculation
- on fire position, inertial equipment for weapons systems orientation, gun monitoring
Storm WMS for towed or self-propelled guns with:
- gun maneuvering, firing and logistics management
- navigation and aiming of artillery pieces using the SIGMA inertial system for quick set-up
- control of weapon system sensors
- interface with the command system
Storm FCC light, ergonomic autonomous fire computer uses fire distribution algorithms and ballistics calculations