Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
Improving infantrymen's operational capabilities while maintaining their protection is a crucial issue for defense partners. The Soldier System from Safran Electronics & Defense offers a solution with modular architecture that can be adapted according to the type of mission and can be used in all types of theaters.
The Soldier system, technological equipment for soldiers
Based on its experience of mounted and dismounted combat and on the innovative technologies it develops, Safran Electronics & Defense improves operational capabilities, equipping infantrymen with voice and data network communication equipment that is reliable and secure, multi-spectral devices for observation and firing, and planning and maneuver monitoring tools giving them the advantage on the ground. This integrated, modular system thus adapts to your doctrine and your operational missions.
Safran developed, produced (18,500 systems) and supported the FELIN soldier system deployed by the French Army.
The Soldier system includes equipment for dismounted soldiers for protection and efficiency during operations.
- Light, ergonomic C4I network with:
- MANET personal radio with reliable, secure voice and data and integrated GPS
- terminal for planning, mission monitoring and management of tactical situations with intuitive MMI
- centralized energy management for missions up to 72 hours
- Optronic equipment for mobility, observation and firing:
- Helmet-mounted vision system (night vision binoculars & round-corner eyepiece)
- Multi-function, multi-spectral binoculars (JIM)
- Weapon sights (SWORD) with round-corner aiming & firing device
- control handles
- Modular carrying and protection system:
- Flexible and hard ballistics protection