Technical Sales Manager – Soldier Systems
Program / Customer Relations
Employees / Staff
The key objective of this role is the execution of Sales strategy of the Safran Electronics & Defence Soldier Systems portfolio (Handheld Optronics, Sights and Visual Augmentation Systems and Military Parachutes) in Australia and New Zealand, for Safran Electronics & Defence Australasia (SEDA).
Reporting to the Director – Land & Airborne Systems at SEDA, the incumbent will inform, comply with and execute the Soldier Systems business strategy, as set by the Director - Land & Airborne Systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Sales of SEDA (commercial and defence) Land, systems and services related to soldier and parachute systems
- • Area of Operations: Australia & New Zealand
- • Direct Customer relationship management
- • Coordination and liaison with SAFRAN E&D global sales team
- • Local execution of SEDA business strategy
- • Develop business and capture plans to address the local market opportunities
- • Conduct market analysis and benchmark SEDA products and services
- • Organisation of local seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- • Local management of demonstration equipment and conduct of equipment demonstrations
- • Collaborative agreement on yearly sales objectives
- • Frequent domestic travel
Qualifications and Experience
- • Minimum 4-year military service or defence business related experience
- • Tertiary qualification in Business, Engineering, or Technology (preferable)
- • Specialised knowledge and/or practical experience with; Dismounted Soldier Systems
- • Technical expertise and/or operational experience with; Surveillance equipment
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force procurement organisations and local industry in Australia and New Zealand
- • Interest in advanced technologies
- • Customer focused
- • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
- • Strong work ethic
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number TSM0919.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Chief Financial OfficerPublished on 11/13/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Finance and management
Systems Engineer Team LeaderPublished on 11/08/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering
Systems EngineerPublished on 11/08/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering