Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are seeking TWO Systems Engineer's to work on complex system engineering tasks and concept development processes in support of a future submarine project. We are looking for candidates with strong knowledge in either Optronic sights systems and/or Radar, Navigation systems in a submarine situation. The successful candidates will support the Systems Engineering team and be required to define technical proposals considering project requirements, constraints including costs, schedule and risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Collaborate with customers in order to;
o Respond to technical questions and provide clarifications / justifications.
o Provide technical assistance.
- • Transfer system requirements in sub system needs by using functional and dysfunctional analysis.
- • Perform impact analysis of system evolutions and propose solutions.
- • During development and verification phases;
o Contribute to technical facts analysis, and contribute to fix issues
o Contribute to feedback analysis
- • Perform technical studies and analysis during the development phase, by integrating constraints on the system life cycle.
- • Define technical proposals considering project requirements, constraints, costs, schedule and risks, in accordance to directives of the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- • Tertiary qualification in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- • Knowledge of Optronic sights systems and/or Radar, Navigation systems in a submarine situation.
- • Knowledge of safety and security constraints.
- • Proficiency in Design to Cost / Design to Value techniques.
- • Architecture and system conception.
- • Integration and Verification.
- • Previous experience with reporting and document writing.
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- • Decisive and self-starting attitude, with energy and motivation to be effective in a very demanding environment; &
- • Strong Customer focused.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills
- • Ability and willingness to liaise with all levels within the organisation
- • High-level accuracy and attention to detail
- • Strong problem solving techniques.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SE0319.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Project Support OfficerPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Program & Project Managment Office
Support TechnicianPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Responsable Produit Industriel H/FPublished on 04/23/2019Mantes La Ville, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering