Systems Engineer Team Leader
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are seeking a Systems Engineer Team Leader to be the main contact for local customers and the SAFRAN Electronics & Defense (SED) Development teams. The aim of this role is to lead the systems engineering team by acting as the systems technical lead (with delegation from the Design Authority). This includes the development and maintenance of the technical documentation for the allocated systems, allocating tasks, ensuring Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives are set and achieved in accordance with SAFRAN's requirements.
The role will establish and maintain the engineering processes and standards for the SEA 1000 project consistent with the Safran engineering standards and processes. The incumbent will also be required to conduct daily performance reviews, weekly status and progress reports as required to meet the program objectives. The role will also function as a Control Account Manager for the Australian project engineering effort.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Lead the Australian engineering team
- • Develop and maintain the program technical documentation with support from the product designers
- • Develop and/or maintain the engineering expertise to meet the program requirements
- • Develop and/or maintain the safety assurance and risk based processes to minimise risk across the system lifecycle for installation, operation, maintenance, support and disposal of the system
- • Obtain and maintain the necessary certifications and compliance for all systems throughout their lifecycle from acquisition to disposal to meet the safety, security and operational requirements of the contract
- • Represent Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia (SEDA) on technical matters including liaison with:
o SED Development teams
- • Maintain product knowledge and expertise in Australia through coordination with SED Centre of Excellence associated with the products
- • Identify the engineering risks and opportunities and coordinate associated actions
- • Oversee technical progress of work completed and work pending
- • Coach and mentor the Engineering team
- • Implement technical KPIs, dashboards and reports to meet the demands of the program and the engineering function
Qualifications and Experience
- • Tertiary qualification in Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related field
- • Extensive experience in document and reporting writing
- • Technical background in complex systems in a defence or aerospace context with Optronics (preferred), Radar or Navigation systems
- • Knowledge of systems lifecycle from acquisition, entry into services, support, maintenance and disposal
- • Knowledge of seaworthiness (or similar) safety and security requirements
- • Design To Cost / Design To Value competence
- • Architecture and system conception
- • Integration and Verification
- • Demonstrated understanding and application of systems engineering processes
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Willingness to travel to France for up to 3 months to obtain product knowledge from the design authority
- • Ability to translate strategy into operational objectives
- • Ability to present and manage the engineering input to the client
- • Management of multidisciplinary engineering teams
- • A team player
- • Strong work ethic
- • Customer focused
- • Negotiation skills
- • Strong problem solving techniques
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills
- • Good Listening skills
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
- • Keen interest in advanced technologies
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SETL1019
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Systems EngineerPublished on 10/02/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering
Technical Sales Manager – Soldier SystemsPublished on 09/13/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Sales & Marketing
Ingénieur systèmes électroniques embarqués H/FPublished on 10/18/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering