Programme & Relations clients
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified Support Technician. The primary focus will see the successful applicant be responsible for the diagnostic, expertise, repair and validation of optronics and electronics systems. This role will also be responsible to manage and plan workflow, maintenance and corrective maintenance schedules for the designated product to ensure turnaround time and on target quality requirements are observed and achieved.
This role also requires performing works off site and at customer facilities which may include:
- • Troubleshooting & diagnostic of systems
- • Removal and Setting to Work (STW) of systems
- • Technical Assistance
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Systems inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair/upgrade integration and validation.
- • Perform assistance of maintenance activity on customers' sites.
- • Provide accurate technical reports including; equipment and troubleshooting information, proposed solutions and resolutions of a problem using strong analytical and communication skills.
- • Ensure proper recording and closure of all technical issues.
- • Assist in maintaining Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) lines equipment and structure.
- • Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution and reporting, where required.
- • Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal/external (OEM) teams.
- • Tertiary qualification in Engineering; in the field of Avionics, Electronics or Optronics
- • Proven experience in complex system engineering support and maintenance
- • Proven experience with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical analyser, digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analysers, etc.)
- • Understanding of electronic modules and electrical/electronic wiring and competent to analyse and interpret technical documents, schematics and technical drawings
- • Demonstrated competency and ability to perform precision electronic assembly tasks
- • Prior work experience in soldering within the electronics industry
- • Experience in technical documentation and processes IAW Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9100, and AS/NZS14001 framework
- • Advanced use of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
- • Must have or be able to attain Australian Defence Security clearance to NV1
- • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- • Excellent client-facing skills
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- • Be willing to travel to interstate or overseas for maintenance or training activities
- • French speaker would be advantageous
- • Defence force employee would be desirable
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number ST0319.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Systems EngineerPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Industrial Engineering
Project Support OfficerPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Program & Project Managment Office
Ingénieur Système Bancs et outillages H/FPublished on 04/21/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Customer services and support