Employees / Staff
The purpose of this role is to support the Quality Manager in the development, deployment and ongoing maintenance of the organisational Quality Management System. This role will also provide Quality Engineering support to major projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Support process owners to create and maintain standards
- • Conduct internal audits of the Quality Management System
- • Perform supplier quality surveillance audits for the program
- • Implement the SEDA Quality Management System
- • Review product maintenance documents throughout process
- • Maintain the quality system records
- • Establish and manage project quality systems consistent with contract requirements and the quality management system
- • Collect and compile statistical quality data (KPIs)
- • Issue Corrective Action Requests (as necessary) and assist the recipient with problem solving methodology
- • Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- • Perform quality control and quality assurance for projects
- • Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- • Product Release and review
- • Support tenders for the sales and marketing team
Qualifications and Experience
- • Tertiary qualification in Quality Management, Engineering or equivalent industry experience with proven experience in quality assurance.
- • Experience in Quality and Technical documentation and processes skills in the creation and publication iaw Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9100, AS/NZS14001 framework
- • Demonstrated experience developing and deploying project based quality systems in accordance with the administration of AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9100, AS/NZS14001 quality standards
- • Demonstrated understanding of quality system processes and procedures.
- • Experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, 5S etc.)
- • Demonstrated ability to add value to an organisation through minimising the cost of quality whilst maintaining compliance with the quality management system
- • Internal auditor certified and with demonstrated experience
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1 (you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this)
- • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- • Excellent client-facing skills (internal and external)
- • Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
- • The ability to work independently on objectives with input from multiple sources and team work
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Strong written and oral communication skills
- • Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, organised
- • Strong work ethic
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number QE0719
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Human Resources AdvisorPublished on 07/31/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Human Resources
Subcontract ManagerPublished on 05/22/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Program & Project Managment Office
Ingénieur Qualité Produit H/FPublished on 08/23/2019Fougères, France Regular Full time Quality