Project Support Officer
Employees / Staff
The purpose of this role is to support the Program Manager to meet customer requirements and standards for the delivery of sensors & systems for a Future Submarine project. The incumbent will be required to assist with the coordination of the program and lead the administrative activities including administration of contractor activities, reporting, record keeping and involvement in project management activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Assist with project planning, including:
o Management of Integrated Baseline Review,
o Delivery of Earned Value Management program,
o Other Project Management activities.
- • Support the delivery of daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications.
- • Ensure the team are meeting quality and delivery expectations,
- • Minimise overall costs where possible.
- • Ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
- • Tertiary Qualification in Business Management or Project Management.
- • Minimum 3 years' experience in project support or project administration.
- • Skills and experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), MS Project, Earned Value Management (EVM) and tools to support project planning and monitoring.
- • Experience delivering projects in an ASDEFCON environment.
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- • Good working relationships with ADF organisations.
- • Strong attention to detail.
- • Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- • Commercial and Financial acumen.
- • Strong written and oral communication skills.
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
- • Strong work ethic.
- • Interest in advanced technologies.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PSO0419.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Systems EngineerPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Industrial Engineering
Support TechnicianPublished on 04/16/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Project Management Officer DSI H/FPublished on 04/21/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Program & Project Managment Office