Program / Customer Relations
Employees / Staff
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Project Controller to meet customer requirements and standards for the delivery of SEDA programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and administrative activities of projects including administration of contractor activities, the coordination of reporting including Earned Value Management (EVM), record keeping and overall involvement in project management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Create and maintain the Contract Master Schedule
- • Create the Project Schedule to manage and record the daily/weekly/monthly targets and deliverables in line with customer and internal requirements
- • Provided detailed project (cost, schedule risk) performance measurement reporting
- • Establish and manage the project cost and schedule baseline
- • Establish and maintain the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) dictionary,
- • In conjunction with Finance, review and report on financial performance through Profit and Loss statements and budgets
- • Support the required Earned Value Management reporting process
- • Actively participate in the preparation of Customer progress meetings and attend as required
- • Coordinate and support project planning and data management
- • Ensure detailed data analysis processes are established to ensure accurate reporting on data, forecasting, variance analysis and corrective action planning
- • Implement process improvement where needed
- • Ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- • And any other duties as defined by SEDA management.
Experience and technical skills
- • Demonstrated experience in scheduling and implementation of project controls and reporting
- • Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role that was involved in production management in Defence Industry or in a similar role in a Program/Project Management Office in a highly regulated industry;
- • Experience with Defence Industry Earned Value Management Systems desirable
- • Skills and experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), MS Project, Earned Value Management (EVM) and tools to support project planning and monitoring.
- • An understanding of the Commonwealth procurement process, the systems engineering process and the related Australian Defence Contracting Suite (ASDEFCON) is desirable.
- • Experience delivering projects in an ASDEFCON environment is desirable.
- • Demonstrated experience using MS Project, Open Plan Professional or similar scheduling tools;
- • Exposure to COBRA for Earned Value Management is desirable.
- • Experienced in Risk Management processes and reporting
- • Experienced in working closely with international stakeholders
- • Experience in managing subcontractor reporting
- • Advanced Excel and MS Project skills
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Exceptional attention to detail and administration skills
- • Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- • Commercial and Financial acumen.
- • Strong written and oral communication skills
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
- • Strong work ethic
- • Interest in advanced technologies
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PC0720.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9304 8900.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.