Network and Infrastructure Manager
Employees / Staff
About the role
The main objective of this role is to ensure the Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia (SEDA) information systems and network continuously and effectively operates at maximum levels of efficiency, stability and capability.
Provide a continuous support function for SEDA information services, including hardware, components and communications applications.
This role will also ensure that Safran group IT standards are adhered to across the entire business. Develop and implement procedures to ensure the IT system is compliant with policy and budget and document the network structure and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Provide input for and manage the IT budget
- • Provide support for 35 employees
- • Negotiate and manage with a range of suppliers, contractors and consultants for:
o Cabling requirements
o Database requirements
o Networking system
o Computer service and maintenance contracts
o Project development
o Technical advice
- • Undertakes staff training and development measures on:
o PC applications
o Use of peripherals and communications equipment
o Updating used or new or modified hardware
o New techniques, including shared files and product insight
- • Identifies all SEDA employees as important customers and supports their needs by:
o Supporting the information systems and relative procedures to be “customer friendly” in their applications, efficiency and style.
o Encouraging and familiarising the advantages of information technology throughout SEDA.
o Providing employees with information systems and communications capabilities to enable quality service to SEDA customers.
- • Provide technical advice and make appropriate recommendations involving Information Technology related projects existing and development for future needs of the organisation.
- • Secures the Information System so that no data are lost or corrupted.
Experience and technical skills
- • General Tertiary Qualification in Information Technology.
- • Minimum five years' experience in a similar environment with a high level of skill and technical expertise in Information Systems Technology.
- • Good working knowledge of desktop environments applications especially MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access etc.
- • A good understanding of networking and communications protocols is highly desirable.
- • Technical competence in designing solutions, administering and supporting internal operating systems such as:
o Operating Systems/ Server Based Applications
- • Microsoft Windows 2016 Active Directory
- • Microsoft SQL server 2017 (PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL language)
- • Microsoft IIS - Internet Information Server
- • Windows 2010
- • Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, .Net)
Practical experience in networking devices and infrastructures including:
- • Managed switched, optic fibre transmitter
- • Routers (intergroup and external)
- • Network knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, http, win, DHCP, MX records, POP3, SMTP)
- • Network printers and scanners
- • Network storage – NAS
- • Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- • High-level interpersonal skills.
- • Display a high level of work ethic.
- • Exhibit the ability to think logically and to prioritise work.
- • Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be self-sufficient and highly proactive while participating as a team player within the organisation.
- • Display an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- • Build strong working relationships throughout the organisation by treating all employees as important internal customers.
- • Exhibit a commitment to continuous improvement in all work related areas.
- • Prepared to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to NV1.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number NIM0220.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.