Computer Scientist/Software Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
We are looking for a recent graduate in computer science to join our R&D department for 6 month period to work on an exciting project on image processing.
Candidates should have up to three year's professional experience having been involved in developing production grade software / algorithms for computer vision, machine learning, graphics or robotics type applications.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who is passionate about technology and comfortable creating order from ambiguity.
Qualifications and Experience
- • Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science (or Software Engineering)
- • Strong computer science fundamentals; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- • High level of proficiency in Matlab, including practical experience in image processing & computer vision (possibly also OpenCV)
- • Good understanding of deep learning and machine learning algorithms with demonstrable experience in at least one framework
- • Experience in design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems.
Also of interest
- • Demonstrable experience in C++ (possibly also Python)
- • Experience working with geospatial data
- • CUDA / OpenCL experience
- • OpenGL knowledge
- • Experience with embedded systems and robotics
Candidates must be an Australia Citizen to be eligible to apply for this position due to the defence industry requirements.
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CSSE0519
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Ingénieur développement logiciel temps réel embarqué - Viseurs Optroniques H/FPublished on 05/19/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Software
Responsable Validation & Vérification H/FPublished on 05/19/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Software
Ingénieur Développement Logiciel Embarqué H/FPublished on 05/19/2019Eragny, France Regular Full time Software