Chief Financial Officer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Chief Financial Officer will work with the local senior management team as well as the international management team to ensure business assets, and accounting activities have functional integrity, proper controls, are well managed and operating efficiently.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all financial and accounting activities of SEDA. This will include International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Australian Financial Reporting Solutions (AFRS) accounting standards, financial planning and analysis, cost accounting, and ensuring full compliance with all regulations (Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) Cost Principles) and Corporate governance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organisation
- • Implementing financial reports for the CEO, Board of Directors, Parent company and/or other senior managers with necessary financial data to make decisions and monitor performance (Key Performance Indicators')
- • Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures to ensure accounts are compliant with the Group policy, International Financial Reporting Standards , Australian Financial Reporting Solutions and Australian Tax Law
- • Managing the financial accounting, reporting and budget activities
o Responsible for all accounting and tax decisions but can liaise on these matters with the SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group
o Evaluating and enhancing the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
o Enhancing and managing the appropriate financial structure with regard to general ledger, cost accounting and time and material accounting compliance with the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)
- • Responsible of all financial day to day operations
o Develop a reliable cash flow projection process ensuring minimum cash availability to meet operating needs
o Monitor the overall financial health of SEDA
- • Participating in the development of the organisation's strategic plans and the introduction of new programs by evaluating and advising on all financial impacts
- • Coordinating Internal Control campaign with SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group
- • Leading and managing audits and reviews of financial activities, including but not limited to financial statement audits, tax audits and cost accounting audits
- • Coordinating transfer pricing policies with SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group and ensure compliance with CASG Cost Principles requirements
- • Ensuring SEDA meets fiscal and legal requirements
o Preparation and lodgement of all taxes (income tax, Good and Services Tax , Fringe Benefit Tax , Pay As You Go & Payroll Tax)
o Responsible to lodge all legal documents with
Experience and technical skills
- • Minimum five years' experience in a similar role
- • Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and Certified Practising Accountant
- • Direct experience with development of financial policies and procedures, cost accounting and overhead rate structures in accordance with the Defence contracting environment
- • Exposure to Financial Audits
- • Thorough knowledge of latest accounting policies and procedures
- • Experience in a multinational corporation environment
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written & oral) skills
- • French language skills would be highly advantageous
- • Experience in financial database MYOB EXO
- • Proven leadership skills through understanding, accepting and cultivating leadership messages
- • Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- • Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- • Self-composed and ability to perform under pressure
- • Be self-sufficient and highly proactive
- • Excellent written and spoken communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CFO1119
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9304 8911
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Logistics and Supply Chain ManagerPublished on 11/18/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Supply chain
Systems Engineer Team LeaderPublished on 11/08/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering
Systems EngineerPublished on 11/08/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering