Senior Hardware Designer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
A Senior Hardware Designer requires advanced formal engineering education, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability in the field of embedded equipment. Responsibilities include designing and implementing electronic hardware systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the design and development of electronic equipment gathering power, analog and digital circuits. This position reports to Hardware Engineering Manager.
- • Support technical proposals and assist with preparation of quotation, schedules, compliance matrixes and costing for new bids
- • Analyze customer needs/requirements to create hardware development plans and hardware verification plans
- • Analyze and specify hardware development environment (HDE), verification environment, debugging and profiling tools
- • Develop, deploy and support DO-254 processes, reviews (SOI), development plans and review checklists
- • Analyze user's requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design
- • Design electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment from detailed designs to meet EMC/EMI requirements and performance
- • Prepare material costs and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions for electronic systems and equipment
- • Perform circuit analysis and traceability from user's requirements to formal design and implementation
- • Support and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electronic components, systems and equipment
- • Debug and troubleshoot hardware circuits
- • Determine FMEA at Board and Component levels
- • Integrate hardware into embedded system environment, including test bench and on aircraft at customer sites
- • Work within a project development teams
- • Produce and manage work packages either internal or subcontracted and submit status reports to Hardware Engineering Manager
- • Participate and support on program risk assessment and mitigation
- • Supervise the work of junior designers and/or other engineering employees
- • Provide presentations to customers on hardware design and operation
- • Bring his skill to the sub-assy H/W brick policy,
- • Promote the best practices using design to cost approach and standardized components (preferred component list),Other duties as assigned
- • Other duties as assigned
- • Minimum 10 years' experience in electronic product design and reliability analysis, including digital and analog building blocks;
- • Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- • Technical and hardware qualifications (DO-160 and DO-254) experience. Background from Electrical motor command and control, Avionics, Automotive, Medical Device or other high reliability products would be a definite asset;
- • Leadership/management experience
- • Proven experience working with standards, processes and work procedures in a structured design environment;
- • Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration within one year of employment).
- • Orcad, Matlab, PSPICE are assets.
- • Microsoft Office (Word, Excel);
- • Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and adaptability;
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- • Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines;
- • This posting reflects the general duties of the position but is not a detailed description of all duties which the successful applicant may be asked to perform.
- • Minimum Intermediate level in French language would be a plus
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Intermediate Hardware Designer Permanent - 3 positionsPublished on 05/08/2019Peterborough, Canada Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Sr Systems Engineer - Performance AnalysisPublished on 09/13/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Manufacturing OperatorPublished on 04/01/2019Peterborough, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair