Research, design and development
Participate and support the industrialization team to improve current process documentation and improve quality, productivity and cost of the manufacturing process.
- • Support Quality and Engineering with the development of procedures specifically Special Process documentation and work instructions improvement
- • Participate in equipment qualification tasks
- • Support Engineering with production of prototypes and pre-production samples according to cost and schedule requirements
- • Support Engineering with process improvement activities
- • Assist with development of manufacturing methods, labour standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization
- • Work with Manufacturing to establish and document Traveller and Work instructions
- • Other duties as required
- • 2 or 3 years college diploma Electronics Engineering or Electromechanical
- • 2 + years in an electronics circuit board + unit assembly environment with some quality experience preferred
- • Attention to detail and good English writing abilities
- • Motivated by process documentation
- • Familiar with Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- • Ability to read and understand electronic schematics
- • Proficient in computer software applications such as MS Office
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Manufacturing Process SpecialistPublished on 01/16/2019Peterborough, Canada Fixed Term contract Material and processes
Materials & Process EngineerPublished on 09/17/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Material and processes
Technicien Matériaux H/FPublished on 09/13/2019Eragny, France Regular Full time Material and processes