Manufacturing Process Specialist
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Responsible for developing tools, processes and methods to support the introduction of new products, improving product specific manufacturing processes and equipment, and supporting engineering documentation changes for improved manufacturability.
1. Development and documentation of SOP's for special processes and future equipment installation
2. Take ownership of new product introduction through manufacturing and test by leading production of prototypes and pre-production samples according to cost and schedule requirements.
3. Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials to evaluate and develop the most suitable manufacturing processes
4. Work cross-functionally with development team, throughout the development process, to ensure product development is performed in adherence to industrialization methods, including design for manufacturability and test.
5. Coordinating all part evaluation testing.
6. Create all production-related estimates for bids and product costing estimations, including recurring and non-recurring labour costs.
7. Participate in Production Readiness Review (PRR) tollgates for all new product, equipment and process introductions, including providing updates on manufacturing product efficiencies.
8. Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
9. Evaluate the precision and accuracy of existing manufacturing equipment, engineering drawings, and component compatibility to manufacturing processes to improve production efficiencies.
10. Develop manufacturing methods, labour standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization, recommending methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and facilities.
11. Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
12. Work with Manufacturing to establish and document in Traveller and Work Instructions all sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products to promote efficient utilization.
13. Maintains product and company reputation by ensuring compliance with government regulations, customer requirements and industry standards.
14. Other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering/Mechanical Engineering /Manufacturing Engineering
Minimum 2 years process engineering experience in an electronics circuit board + unit assembly environment required
Creative problem-solving skills
Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA and other continuous improvement and analytical tools
Very strong communication, organizational and planning skills
Good knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures, product development, writing and presenting technical information
Proficient in computer software applications such as MS Office
Aerospace experience preferred
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Process TechnicianPublished on 01/07/2019Peterborough, Canada Fixed Term contract Material and processes
Materials & Process EngineerPublished on 09/17/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Material and processes
Technicien Matériaux H/FPublished on 09/13/2019Eragny, France Regular Full time Material and processes