Employees / Staff
The incumbent will work within the Manufacturing Department in the following functional areas as assigned by the supervisor: Assembly, Quality Control, Touch Up, Post-insertion, Wiring, Surface Mount Technology Operator, Repair & Overhaul Operator. This position will be a member of the Bargaining Unit.
- • Checking drawing reference and obtaining drawings and correct parts/components and circuit boards required
- • Soldering assemblies and reworking failed assemblies to Engineering drawings and production standards
- • Following sequential steps as outlined in Engineering drawings and Production travelers for build assembly of complete units/products using various hand tools
- • Applying conformal coating, RTV, adhesives and other chemicals through manual or machine applied processes
- • Operate and maintain automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment + all supporting equipment
- • Inspection of Surface mount and through hole components of circuit boards, and inspection and repair of SMT/through hole sub-assemblies and wiring harnesses to the Engineering drawing and applicable standards
- • Complete timesheets and required product and process documentation
- • Following all procedures and work instructions related to the position and verifying own work
- • Labour entry into the ERP system and other tracking databases
- • Work independently and in a group to maintain production requirements
- • Other duties as assigned within the functional areas
- • Grade 12 or equivalent
- • Two years experience in an electronics manufacturing environment or equivalent with experience soldering printed circuit boards being preferred
- • Good verbal and written communication skills
- • Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings, Parts Lists and other related documentation
- • Accuracy and attention to detail
- • Recognition of component configurations and familiarity with IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 standards preferred
- • Previous experience with precision automated equipment set-up preferred
- • Capability of operating multiple pieces of equipment in a continuous flow operation preferred
- • Computer skills in MS Office Suite and ERP software preferred
This posting reflects the general duties of the position but is not a detailed description of all duties which the successful applicant may be asked to perform.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Apprenti(e) Ingénieur Développement de banc H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Saint Pierre Du Perray, France Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Intermediate Hardware DesignerPublished on 07/30/2020Peterborough, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Apprenti(e) - Technicien mesures et métrologie autour des procédés couches minces H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Saint Pierre Du Perray, France Apprenticeship Manufacture / assembly and repair