Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran is an international high-tech group operating in the fields of propulsion and aeronautical equipment, space and defense.
Operating on every continent, the Group employs more than 95,000 people. Comprised of numerous companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, leading global or European positions in its markets.
Safran Data Systems
Safran Data Systems (SDS), formerly Zodiac Data Systems, is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, Telemetry and satellite ground stations. SDS employs over 600 people in France, USA and Germany.
Safran Data Systems is seeking a highly technical Project Engineer to support instrumentation and telemetry development projects. This position is responsible for capturing customer requirements, managing Engineering Change Review Board, leading RFI/RFPs activities, and leading project execution to assure that cost, schedule, and performance goals are met while ensuring customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- • Lead RFQ / RFI response preparation and other customer and sub-contractor required responses.
- • Effectively match/relay customer specific required capabilities with currently available capabilities
- • Participate to preliminary Bid / No Bid assessment and Proposal Review with Management
- • Develop Work Breakdown Structure and Integrated Master Schedules
- • Manage project requirements and coordinate development activities between customer, U.S. team and factories to include cyber security engineering requirements.
- • Prepare and run project milestone reviews (KOM, PDR, CDR, Site activities) and other periodic customer reviews.
- • Lead ROI and business case activities in support of development roadmap.
- • Act as the main interface with the customer during project execution
- • Foster the relationship between customer and the Integrated Program Team
- • Analyze and address risks and opportunities of the project.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
- - U.S. Citizenship
- - Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred
- - Minimum 10 years' experience in project engineering, or a related field.
- - PMP Certification is a plus
- - Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- - Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- - Experience or willingness to learn about flight test, flight recorders, telemetry systems, data acquisition systems.
- - Ability to work in self-directed environment.
- - Due to multiple interactions with the teams located in France and Germany, a knowledge of European culture and/or language would be a plus.
- - Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
Specificity of the job
Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Chef de projet système d'information H/FPublished on 06/10/2021Les Ulis, France Regular Full time Project management
Sales Director – Telemetry SolutionsPublished on 06/07/2021Norcross, United States Regular Full time Sales & Marketing
Apprenti division stratégique en open innovation H/FPublished on 06/01/2021Paris, France Apprenticeship Project management