Field Application Engineer for Flight Test & Mission Systems
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- • The Safran Group
Safran is an international high-tech group operating in the fields of propulsion and aeronautical equipment, space and defense.
Operating on every continent, the Group employs more than 95,000 people. Comprised of numerous companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, leading global or European positions in its markets.
- • Safran Data Systems
Safran Data Systems (SDS), formerly Zodiac Data Systems, is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of edge and ground telemetry, embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control. SDS employs over 600 people in France, USA and Germany.
Safran Data Systems Inc is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that engages in the antennas and equipment for on-board and ground telemetry including: data acquisition, data recording, satellite receivers, satellite radio signal recorders for earth observation and deep space, low earth orbit tracking antennas, mission recorders, flight test recorders, and telemetry antennas.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) responsibilities include customer pre-sales and post-sales support for airborne Flight Test and Mission Systems products. The FAE will be responsible for customer support, training, and serve as a liaison with factory engineering development and other product support entities. FAE will be responsible for remote and on-site product demonstrations, customer support and supporting sales event such as trade shows.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- • Provide onsite and remote technical support including acceptance tests, installations, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting
- • Install software and perform tests
- • Provide customer training
- • Write service minutes and test reports
- • Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
- • Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
- • Coordinate development activities between customer, U.S. team and factories to include cyber security engineering requirements
This positions supports technical services in the western portion of the United States.
- - U.S. Citizenship
- - U.S. Government Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- - Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred
- - Experience or willingness to learn about flight test, flight recorders, telemetry systems, data acquisition systems.
- - Must have extensive network experience and understanding of Ethernet networks, switches/routers, and protocols
- - Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- - Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- - Knowledge of instrumentation and RF telemetry theory, RF receiver fundamentals and operations a plus.
- - Experience in Aerospace/Defense.
- - Familiarity with government sales, sales to prime contractors and/or aerospace industry.
- - Ability to work in self-directed environment.
- - Due to multiple interactions with the teams located in France and Germany, a knowledge of European culture and/or language would be a plus.
- - Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
Specificity of the job
- - Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Ingénieur support client H/FPublished on 06/14/2021La Teste De Buch, France Regular Full time Customer services and support
Responsable de Projet SLI pour Viseurs Aeroportés H/FPublished on 06/12/2021Massy, France Regular Full time Customer services and support
Stage CSTD – Développement d'une chaine outillée pour la maintenance d'un Système de drone H/FPublished on 06/12/2021Eragny, France Internship / Student Customer services and support