Systems Engineer - Electromechanical
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We have a Systems Engineering opportunity to join our highly motivated and multi-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
- • Support design and test of digital and analog closed loop motor control
- • Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to create high level functional requirements
- • Generate subsystem-level specifications covering a wide variety of complex aerospace electronics
- • Develop and perform system level verification testing to demonstrate compliance with certification requirements
- • Utilize robust Systems Engineering practices in support of projects assigned.
- • Monitor the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
- • Manage work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for complex aerospace electronics.
- • Perform analysis at all levels of the product including concept, design, modeling, test, verification, and certification.
- • Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- • Interaction with customers, suppliers, and regulatory authorities is routinely
- • There is a potential for some domestic and international travel.
- • Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering for an accredited 4 year university or college
- • Requirements capture and management
- • Systems engineering processes
- • Good electrical and software understanding
- • Control laws and modelling with MATLAB and Simulink.
- • Aircraft-related industry standards for systems and/or software development (ARP-4754A, DO-254, DO-178C)
- • Real-time, embedded systems and processing
- • Interest in aircraft systems and operations
- • The position requires strong interpersonal skills, high degree of comfort with ambiguity, good project discipline, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- • Candidate must be a self-starter, be able to multi-task, manage unplanned events, and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results that exceed expectations
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Candidates external to Safran: No relocation offered with this position. Only considering candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA, LLC Irvine facility.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr. Electrical EngineerPublished on 03/16/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Sr. Mechanical EngineerPublished on 02/04/2020Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 03/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering