Systems Engineer - Electromechanical Systems (EMS)
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
(Flight Control / Electromechanical Systems)
Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of quality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to take on design and sustaining responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuators, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military, and air-transport aircraft.
The Systems Engineer is a subject matter expert that drives changes and implements solutions as a participant on a multi-disciplined team. The ideal candidate shall be experienced in system integration, software integration, and have performed complex test activities. Strong architecture and systems engineering knowledge throughout the complete system life cycle is a prerequisite.
Systems engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, and field support. While working in a cross-functional team environment, daily tasks will include:
- ●Requirements development and management,
- ●Mechanical design, analysis, troubleshooting, and review,
- ●Budget and schedule management,
- ●Test/verification planning, development, and execution,
- ●Customer interface, coordination, and communication, and
- ●Coordination with manufacturing operations.
The selected candidate must be motivated to learn at a fast pace, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work autonomously or in a highly interactive team environment.
Knowledge/experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design, aerospace development process, electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems is desirable, but not required. The ideal candidate will have experience with CAD design software, Matlab/Simulink, and a lab environment.
Minimum Degree: Bachelors' of Science in an Engineering Discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Aero Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering/physics/science discipline.
Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- • Experience with DO-17/DO-254 development and DO-160 Qualification Testing
- • Experience with the following System level activities highly desired
o Hardware and software integration
o System level verification & validation
o PR disposition
- • Experience with a standard commercial avionics development process
- • Experience as a technical interface with customers
- • Experience with customer and/or FAA audits (e.g. SOI audits)
- • Experience with Requirements Analysis and Documentation tools (e.g. DOORs, Jama, etc.)
- • Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background
- • Experience with change management/ tracking tools (JIRA, Clearquest, etc.)
- • Ability to drive teams to meet schedules
- • Ability to travel to multiple sites is a must (e.g. USA, Toronto, France)
Specificity of the job
Travel requirements vary with assignment, but will average 10%.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr. Systems EngineerPublished on 11/09/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Sr. Systems EngineerPublished on 11/08/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Sr. Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 11/08/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering