Sr. Project Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Project Engineer is responsible for the following:
- • Lead and guide engineering product development teams for new or improved products and/or processes
- • Acts as project leader with technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting complex technical projects or major phases of projects involving the design and development of new or improved products and/or processes.
- • Lead engineering projects from inception to certification or qualification, and production transfer to Manufacturing Engineering.
- • Coordinate Engineering activities and or projects with other departments, especially Program Management. This includes, schedule(s), milestones and deliverables for Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Responsible for the overall technical coordination of the design & development of new or improved products and/or processes.
- • Interface with the department managers to build the best team suitable for each project.
- • Provide leadership and guidance for Engineering teams assigned to a specific project and or related activities.
- • In conjunction with Program Management prepare project schedule, budget, control cost, perform risk management and mitigation as well as product assurance activities.
- • Ensure that Design to Manufacturing is taken into account during the early conception phases and provide feedback to the design team, from the Manufacturing floor.
- • Review customer specifications and determine compliance to requirements and/or note exceptions.
- • Ensure overall technical compliance of the products to the customer specification and statement of work.
- • Establish and track Verification and Validation activities, assist in establishing test methods and test equipment design, enable problem resolution and provide support.
- • Act as project leader and represent the Company in front of the customers, from a technical point of view.
- • Review project-related documentation package(s) to insure its accuracy.
- • Ensure the timely and efficient completion of projects to achieve company's strategic and financial goals.
- • Lead formal design reviews. Prepare and present technical information for Technical Interface Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs) etc.
- • Assist with certification or qualification activities.
Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- - Minimum 5 years of Engineering experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or Medical Device new product development environment
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- - Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Skills and Abilities:
- • The candidate should have had experience in leading complete engineering project level programs and have good people skills.
- • The candidate should have knowledge of fundamentals of aerospace electrical or mechanical design and a wide range of knowledge in basic electrical or mechanical design.
- • Full understanding of Mil specs, processes & procedures.
- • Project management experience including schedule, technical risk and cost.
- • Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE) is preferred.
- • Knowledge of ENOVIA or other Product Data Management (PDM) system for documentation control and workflow is desired.
- • Experience with ANSYS or other FEA tool preferred
- • Experience with DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 preferred
- • Must have the ability communicate technical information, whether written or verbal to other functional departments throughout the organization. Includes creation and participation of group presentations.
- • Experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- • Experience with DOORS management tool a plus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Sr. Technical Publications Project ManagerPublished on 06/23/2021Irvine, United States Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction
Sr. Technical Publications Project ManagerPublished on 07/12/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction
Responsable de projet FADEC H/FPublished on 07/09/2021Massy, France Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction