Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with a strong engineering design and justification background to take on development responsibilities for pilot control systems, electro-mechanical systems, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture, system testing, and system sustainment. While working in a cross-functional team environment, your tasks will include:
- ●Requirements development, validation, and design compliance justification
- ●Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
- ●Mechanical design, analysis, troubleshooting, and review of components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
- ●Work closely with stress engineers to ensure robustness of designs
- ●System steady-state and transient performance assessments and trade studies
- ●Design Robustness Evaluation
- ●Verification/Test planning, development, and execution
- ●Customer interface, coordination, and communication
- ●Coordination with mod center and manufacturing operations for production process fidelity
- ●Scope, Budget, and schedule management
- ●Bachelors' of Science in an Engineering Discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Aero Engineering, or other relevant engineering/physics/science discipline
- ●US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
- ●Minimum 3-8 years demonstrated experience of tolerance and clearance analyses, particularly using GD&T
- ●Minimum 3-8 years demonstrated of kinematic and kinetic design and analysis
- ●Minimum 3-8 years demonstrated experience of environmental effects (thermal, vibration, etc.) on mechanical design
- ●Minimum 3-8 years demonstrated experience of statistical distributions and analysis
Additional skills a plus:
- ●Experience in gearing design, material selection and component sizing, motor selection and sizing
- ●Experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design
- ●Experience in electro-mechanical systems or aerospace mechanical systems
- ●Experience in aerospace development processes
- ●Proficiency in using NX(8.5/10.5) for product design or other similar CAD tools
Specificity of the job
Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel. Travel distances range from 50 miles to global locations. Travel requirements vary with assignment, but will average 10%.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Mechanical EngineerPublished on 11/14/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Technicien mécanique H/FPublished on 11/12/2019Eragny, France Regular Full time Mechanics
Sr. Systems EngineerPublished on 11/09/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering