Sr. Electrical Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
We have a Senior Electrical Engineering opportunity to join our highly motivated and multi-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing pilot control systems, throttle control systems, actuators, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
- • Develops or performs operational, maintenance, or testing procedures for complex electronic and mechanical products, components, equipment, or systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes
- • Intimate with computers and software, microprocessors, common serial and parallel communications skills, signal conditioning circuitry, cables and connectors, AC and DC power supplies
- • Capture, analyze, decompose, and translate requirements for production test solutions.
- • Capable of producing engineering estimates for individual tasks
- • Investigate and understand new technologies
- • Experience working with tools such as requirements traceability, test planning, automated test execution, and configuration management
- • Circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic)
- • Good understanding of the hardware development process and the associated company processes
- • LabVIEW/TestStand/C++
- • Experience presenting technical plans or speaking on technical topics to project teams, clients or other groups as required
- • 4-7 year's related experience required
- • The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly adapt to schedule demands
- • Ability to work closely with internal customers at engineering and management levels with minimum supervision
- • Strong verbal and written Communications skills
- • Strong problem solving skills
- • Must be a self-directed individual
- • Factory support experience is a plus
- • Must be willing to travel internationally 10% of time
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr Systems EngineerPublished on 08/16/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Sr. Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 08/22/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Mechanical EngineerPublished on 08/14/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Mechanics