Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This engineering position involves product support of commercial pilot control and actuation products. This position is suited for a motivated, self-directed engineer with the ability to work with all types of personnel including Design Engineering, Program Management, Product Line Management, Operations/Manufacturing, Printed Circuit Design, and Mechanical Drafting. This engineer also serves as a technical resource and focal point for production operations for their assigned product lines. This position provides exposure to many various departments and their capabilities within Safran. You also have the opportunity to be mentored by highly experienced, exceptional engineers with a career path leading to design engineering.
Typical assignments performed include:
- - Act as an individual contributor in recommending various circuit board design enhancements
- - Direct failure and root cause analysis on customer returned units for assigned product lines
- - Assist programs by publishing engineering change orders and service bulletins
- - Work closely with Product Line Management in developing product line obsolescence management plans
- - Perform modifications to designs to address design enhancements, obsolescence, manufacturing enhancements to existing designs
- - Make decisions on these enhancements which will contribute to cost, schedule, and technical performance
- - Interacting with manufacturing to resolve production issues
- - Perform qualification and verification testing on flight control and autopilot hardware systems
- - 0 to 3 years of experience with Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- - US Citizen or Permanent Resident, Required
The selected candidate must possess both analog and digital hardware knowledge, be motivated to learn at a fast pace, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work autonomously or in a highly interactive team environment.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Engineering ManagerPublished on 10/11/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur calculateur aéronautique H/FPublished on 10/19/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur Radiofréquences et Antennes H/FPublished on 10/18/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation