Software Engineer for high-tech observation devices
Research, design and development
The need for security is deeply rooted in mankind. It's good that there are forces that ensure more security and order in a changing world. Services and solutions from Safran Vectronix help to support these forces in their mission. Dedicated to target intelligence, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems and sensors for military and civil applications. Almost 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence in optics and precision engineering are reflected in our products. Customers in more than 90 countries rely on Safran Vectronix for Swiss quality, precision, and reliability.
We would like to reinforce our Research & Development department with a creative and team oriented
Software Engineer for high-tech observation devices (f/m)
YOUR MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- • Development of embedded software for multifunctional observation and localization devices
- • Design and implementation of software for multiple platforms (embedded Linux, Ubuntu, Windows) in C++, Qt and Python
- • Writing automated tests from unit to system level (GoogleTest and Robot Framework)
- • Technical lead of software projects and contribution to software architecture
- • Working in an international and multi-disciplinary team
- • Close collaboration with product management, quality assurance and production
- • Bachelor or Master degree in computer sciences or electrical engineering
- • Development skills in C++ using Qt or similar technologies
- • You are familiar with automated testing
- • Ideally you have also experience with Python and Embedded Linux
- • Experience in a high-tech industrial environment combined with complex problem solving skills
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix, located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Data Engineer pôle Traitement d'Image H/FPublished on 11/24/2020Massy, France Regular Full time Software
Stage - Outillage des environnements de dév. de logiciel critique embarqué et prototypage rapide H/FPublished on 11/24/2020Valence, France Internship / Student Software
APPRENTISSAGE - Ingénieur·e / architecte en développement d'applications SI métier H/FPublished on 11/24/2020Eragny, France Apprenticeship Software