Head of Software Development
Research, design and development
Your main responsibilities include:
- • Lead and coach a growing team of 10 internal SW developers and coordinate external SW development partners
- • Improve existing Agile SW development processes to ensure SW projects are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding high engineering standards
- • Responsible for competence-, performance- and resource management including recruiting
- • Support SW team members in evaluation of development related infrastructure, architecture and perform reviews
- • Coordinate SW development activities for multifunctional observation and localization devices in collaboration with interdisciplinary
- • Play an active role in the technology roadmap and innovation process
- • Coordination of activities within Safran Group and initiate collaborations with universities and industrial partners
- • Support and cooperate with product management, marketing and production for SW relevant aspects
We are looking for a charismatic and passionate leader with a Master degree in computer sciences or equivalent and proven experience in
SW team management or other relevant experience. You possess at least seven years of professional experience in SW development,
have an expert-level understanding of software engineering, lifecycle management, programming and testing principles as well as continu
ous integration. Ideally, you have already worked in a cross-functional and distributed R&D project environment and have a solid under
standing of Agile methodologies. Understanding of software technologies, including C/C++, C#, .NET, QT, Python and/or Embedded Linux
is a prerequisite. Experience with interdisciplinary leadership paired with strong analytical skills are required. You distinguish yourself by a
strong result-orientated mindset and attention to details. In addition, you are characterized by excellent communication skills. Fluency in
English and German is mandatory and French would be a plus.
Marcel Zeller (CTO) will be pleased to provide any further information you may require on +41 71 726 7255. We are looking forward to receiving your written application via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Responsable de projet logiciel temps réel embarqué H/FPublished on 09/15/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Software
INGENIEUR DEVELOPPEMENT LOGICIEL VIDEO H/FPublished on 09/15/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Software
Chef de projet logiciel H/FPublished on 09/15/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Software