Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Drive customer-focused Sales & Marketing efforts on assigned territory.
- - Lead SEDUSA commercial interaction and negotiation with customers in line with strategic and financial goals set by the corporation.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, the Sales Manager serves as the strategic contact with the customers and is responsible for their overall satisfaction.
- - Accountable for development and execution of sales plans that support company growth and profitability objectives.
- - Conduct research and market analysis, identify new business opportunities.
- - Responsible for pricing strategies in coordination with the VP Sales & Marketing to achieve maximum margin, growth and financial targets.
- - Responsible for proper negotiations of contracts.
- - Accountable for customer proposals.
- - Cooperates with business management, program management and sales support functions in meeting customer and sales objectives.
- - Ensure internal communication/cooperation is achieved.
- - Provides input to the development of new product or service strategies to meet customer requirements.
- - Frequent travel within the Americas; periodic travel to France.
- - Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create totally new approaches.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's Degree in related major or more than 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- - Preferred but not required, experience working with and/or for a foreign held company.
- - French language skills a plus.
- - Strong commercial skills including: selling process, pricing, costing, terms and conditions, sales strategy development/execution, negotiation and sales proposal.
- - Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- - Effective relationship management.
- - Ability to resolve customer issues.
- - Ability to work independently as an entrepreneur, self-motivated.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of aeronautic market
Identify and assess new business opportunities
Build sustainable business relationships
Key Account Management
Value-based proposition (benefits vs. attribute)
Strategic and Operational Marketing
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Communication skills / Negotiation skills
Cross Cultural Awareness
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- - May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Technical Sales ManagerPublished on 09/17/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Sales & Marketing
Internal Communications SpecialistPublished on 09/09/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Sales & Marketing
Commercial international H/FPublished on 09/18/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Sales & Marketing