THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN MEXICALI (BAJA CALIFORNIA)
- - Direct report to SEDA USA CFO, with daily interactions with EMS Controller based in Irvine California
- - Act as operations controller & business partner with a dynamic manager role to cover all manufacturing (WIP, margin,…) and MRO activities
- - Get full ownership of the plant financial performance and support operations team to reach the best efficiency and productivity
- - Get full accountability of the financials of the 2 Mexican legal entities (SEDAM, SED Mex)
- - Oversee P&L, cash flow and investments
- - Show ability to develop management system,KPI and dashboard and tight follow of Work In Process, Gross margin by product lines, scrap, variances analysis, supply chain, …
- - Develop detailed analysis for plant management and ad hoc requests: std costs, variances, inventories, profitability roadmap, ….
- - Show ability to work into Collins SAP environment which is at the end of the month loaded into SEDA SAP for consolidation purpose
- - Capability to support 3 main projects for the Mexicali location and the Mexican entities:
o industrial transfers and support to operations,
o ERP migration from SAP Collins to SAP SEDA and be a strong support to the migration.
- - Work closely and on daily basis with operations, supply chain, quality
- - Show “Hands-on” attitude and capacity to dig into details but also to step back and convey key messages to Management
- - Prove visibility within the organization
- - Be responsible for internal controls and procedures right application
- - Work with Safran SED, Safran Group to support and coordinate plant activities and requirements with group operations
- - Ensure monthly performance detailed review, reforecast, budget and Mid Term Plan
- - Improve accounting processes and controlling activities (dashboard, …)
- - Strongly support Management for decision making with detailed business cases, improvement action plan supported with impact calculation
- - Lead local team in identifying, quantifying and mitigating risks
- - Liaise with all other finance team members of SEDA USA, EMS in Irvine teams and Shared Services Team based in Queretaro
- - Manage relationships with auditors and local authorities
- - Build a team spirit, promote team work within the organization
- - Strongly manage the team which consists of 3 accountants (taxes, payroll, social security), 1 financial analyst / operations controller, 1 to 2 interns
- - Define development and training plan for local finance team
- - Travel approximately once a month to Irvine California and to the Shared Service Center (SSC) in Queretaro at least every quarter
Safran has been operating in Mexico for over 20 years, primarily in the aerospace markets. Our local presence is geared to working closely with customers across the Americas, diversifying production locations and winning new markets. With more than 10,000 employees at 14 production, maintenance and engineering sites, Safran is Mexico's largest employer in the aerospace industry. In February 2016, Safran announced the construction of a new production plant in the country, dedicated to composite parts for the LEAP® jet engine. The new factory is being built in conjunction with U.S. partner Albany International, along the same lines as the two existing Safran/Albany plants, in Rochester, New Hampshire (USA), and Commercy (eastern France), which were inaugurated in 2014. On February 2019, Safran acquires a new site in Mexicali, expanding its operations in Mexico.
EMS business has been acquired from Collins by Safran Electronics and Defense Avionics USA in February 2019 with locations in Irvine, California (HQ, support fcts & engineering dpt) and in Mexicali (plant)
The transition phase will be managed during 2019-2021 period:
- - Transition services (including IT and ERP) and manufacturing agreement in place to prepare a proper carve-out;
- - Industrial transfers from other Collins sites or Safran sites will occur from 2019 to 2021.
Experience / Education
- - B.S. in Accounting, Business Administration w/ an emphasis in Finance or Accounting required, CPA is a plus; Candidates with MBA are preferred 8 to 10 years of experience in finance, including experience in a management role.
- - Knowledge of IFRS accounting
- - Fluent in English and Spanish, French is a plus
Skills / Abilities
- - Proficient in SAP, SAP implementation experience is a plus
- - Proficient with IT reporting tools (BPC, BFC, Hyperion,…)
- - Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- - Avionic industry is a plus
- - Thorough attention to detail and accuracy
- - Unquestioned business ethics, honesty and integrity
- - Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- - Demonstrates ability to implement change and drive results
- - Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- - Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and influence processes across multiple functions and stake holders
- - Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- - Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
Specificity of the job
Travel approximately once a month to Irvine California and to the Shared Service Center (SSC) in Queretaro at least every quarter
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Apprenti(e) Contrôle de Gestion Programmes H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Massy, France Apprenticeship Finance and management
Apprenti(e) Assistant(e) Contrôle de Gestion Division H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Eragny, France Apprenticeship Finance and management
Architecte logiciel sous Androïd H/FPublished on 08/04/2020Massy, France Regular Full time Software