Cost Accounting Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for preparation of financial statements, standard costs, variance and capital expenditure analysis, budgeting and cost control. He is responsible for standard costing issues, inventory, & general accounting. This position provides support to both the Plant controller at the location and the Chief Financial Officer.
- -Review bill of materials. Review and set standards. Analyze material purchase price variance
- -Applies principles of cost accounting to develop product costs, labor and overhead rates.
- -Analyzes and prepares reports of actual manufacturing costs (production variances and shop floor labor hour entry) and compares standard costs to actual production costs.
- -Provides timely and accurate financial and operational reports.
- -Assist in review of information related to cost of sales, closed work order variance and gross margin exception analysis for reasonableness.
- -Perform month-end closing, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and financial and operational reporting.
- -Active in auditing and reconciling physical inventories.
- -Prepare variance analysis and root-cause. Recommend process improvements and corrective actions for problem areas.
- -Participate in the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- -Manage the entire fixed assets cycle (capital appropriations, CIP tracking, capitalization, asset disposals and cycle counts)
- -Validate and track site cost reduction initiatives
- -Assist in the Annual Internal Control Assessment & Testing requirements.
- -Bachelors degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
- -SAP experience
- -2 years of experience in standard costing and manufacturing accounting
- -Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- -This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- -No relocation is provided for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Staff AccountantPublished on 03/13/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Responsable Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information d'Etablissement (Valence) H/FPublished on 05/27/2020Valence, France Regular Full time IT
Responsable Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information d'Etablissement (Poitiers) H/FPublished on 05/27/2020Saint Benoit, France Regular Full time IT