Employees / Staff
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
Review, assess and update Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics Costa Mesa Technical Documentations (Manufacturing instructions, etc.)
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer works closely with the Product Design Engineering Team to assess and update the Technical Documentations (Manufacturing instructions, CMM, etc.) that is used in the FAA Part 21.
Studies products and works closely with product designers and developers to understand the limitation and constraints of the products, to use the Acceptance Test Procedure.
Shadows and aligns with the supervisors and operators on the floor to capture the tribal knowledge and translate the operations into clear and concise instructions.
Works with the repair shop to define the step by step of the assembly procedures.
Applying their knowledge of the user of the product, technical writers may serve as part of a team conducting usability studies to help improve the design of a product.
Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
Manages and is accountable for the document development life cycle, per SEDA internal procedures.
Provide updates and different editions as necessary and releases the document following final approval.
Use photographs, videos, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding and revise documents as new issues arise.
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's degree in technical/electronics, and/or equivalent of 8-10 years of experience
- - Must have fundamental writing skills to ensure that technical content is clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- - Experience with the ATA 100 and/or 2200 specifications, SGML, XML, or FrameMaker preferred, but not required.
- - Must be familiar with the aerospace and/or military technical publications and specifications.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Skills and Abilities:
- - Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, engineering specifications, engineering change orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, block diagrams, and illustrated parts lists.
- - Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally, based upon trust, confidence and personal rapport.
- - Proficiency in MS Office products, Visio, and Adobe Pro is required
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Excellent problem-solving ability
- - Mastery of the English language is a must. Other languages, such as Spanish and French are a plus.
- - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret spreadsheets, technical data, and regulatory documents.
- - Ability to present information to internal and external audiences.
- - Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - Travel is required - local, domestic and international (including Mexico and/or Europe on occasion)
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Sr. Mechanical EngineerPublished on 02/04/2020Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Stage : Consolidation des données saisies en GMAO H/FPublished on 12/23/2019Fougères, France Internship / Student Means and equipment maintenance
Stage : Création de fiches d'instructions maintenance H/FPublished on 11/25/2019Fougères, France Internship / Student Means and equipment maintenance