Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Business Unit responsibility to plan, coordinate, and direct technology development, design and qualification of new products and Industrialized solutions to support customers' technical requirements, and development of product line extensions for Cockpit Control Equipment and Lighting system applications.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Driving predictive performance on Cockpits Business Unit product and technology development activities utilizing Established Industry standard processes and efficient tools;
- - Leading execution of robust new product design development processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. DFSS/DFR) across the Cockpits Business Unit engineering and technology function;
- - Leading development and execution of strategic planning initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps for Cockpits Business Unit engineering;
- - Driving internal/external innovation activities across Cockpits Business Unit engineering and technology function, including IP management;
- - Developing or enhancing close professional relationships with customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, qualification test requirements, and resolving product performance deficiencies;
- - Providing status on technical accomplishments/ issues for Cockpit Business Unit product and technology development programs to the Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA Engineering leadership team ;
- - Maintaining close liaison with the Cockpits Business Unit operations to ensure high-quality product integrity and year-over-year manufacturing cost reductions;
- - Leading profit planning efforts for Cockpits Business Unit engineering and managing the activity center budgets throughout the follow-on period of performance and deliver profit plan forecast and other financial expectations.
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution (Master's Degree in Engineering preferred)
- - Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in an Aerospace new product development environment
- - Minimum 3 years of experience as a manager of people
- - Travel up to 10% of the time domestically and internationally when required
- - Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Skills and Abilities:
- - Knowledge of ERP and PLM systems – SAP and Enovia
- - Demonstrated product design development, qualification and production released for Aerospace industry
- - Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- - Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop/execute technology development plans.
- - Must possess strong functional skills in Engineering and have demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, think strategically, and drive business results.
- - MBA from an accredited institution preferred
- - Experience designing / developing cockpit controls (panels, lighting, power, switches, buttons, etc.) and system interface preferred
- - Experience with aircraft electrical system function, control systems, and electro-optical/mechanical products preferred
- - Experience engaging with external research/IRAD funding organizations preferred
- - Experience developing both managers and individual contributors preferred
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Electrical EngineerPublished on 10/25/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur Produit Calculateur en série H/FPublished on 11/15/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur en Compatibilité Électromagnétique (CEM) H/FPublished on 11/15/2019Massy, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation