Chief Financial Officer
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Description de la mission
The Chief Financial Officer will work with the local senior management team as well as the international management team to ensure business assets, and accounting activities have functional integrity, proper controls, are well managed and operating efficiently.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all financial and accounting activities of SEDA. This will include International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Australian Financial Reporting Solutions (AFRS) accounting standards, financial planning and analysis, cost accounting, and ensuring full compliance with all regulations (Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) Cost Principles) and Corporate governance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organisation
- • Implementing financial reports for the CEO, Board of Directors, Parent company and/or other senior managers with necessary financial data to make decisions and monitor performance (Key Performance Indicators')
- • Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures to ensure accounts are compliant with the Group policy, International Financial Reporting Standards , Australian Financial Reporting Solutions and Australian Tax Law
- • Managing the financial accounting, reporting and budget activities
o Responsible for all accounting and tax decisions but can liaise on these matters with the SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group
o Evaluating and enhancing the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
o Enhancing and managing the appropriate financial structure with regard to general ledger, cost accounting and time and material accounting compliance with the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)
- • Responsible of all financial day to day operations
o Develop a reliable cash flow projection process ensuring minimum cash availability to meet operating needs
o Monitor the overall financial health of SEDA
- • Participating in the development of the organisation's strategic plans and the introduction of new programs by evaluating and advising on all financial impacts
- • Coordinating Internal Control campaign with SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group
- • Leading and managing audits and reviews of financial activities, including but not limited to financial statement audits, tax audits and cost accounting audits
- • Coordinating transfer pricing policies with SAFRAN Electronics & Defense Group and ensure compliance with CASG Cost Principles requirements
- • Ensuring SEDA meets fiscal and legal requirements
o Preparation and lodgement of all taxes (income tax, Good and Services Tax , Fringe Benefit Tax , Pay As You Go & Payroll Tax)
o Responsible to lodge all legal documents with
Experience and technical skills
- • Minimum three years' experience in a similar role
- • Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and Certified Practising Accountant
- • Direct experience with development of financial policies and procedures, cost accounting and overhead rate structures in accordance with the Defence contracting environment
- • Exposure to Financial Audits
- • Thorough knowledge of latest accounting policies and procedures
- • Experience in a multinational corporation environment would be advantageous
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written & oral) skills
- • French language skills would be highly advantageous
- • Experience in financial database MYOB EXO
- • Proven leadership skills through understanding, accepting and cultivating leadership messages
- • Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- • Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- • Self-composed and ability to perform under pressure
- • Be self-sufficient and highly proactive
- • Excellent written and spoken communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CFO1119
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9304 8911
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 92 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 21 milliards d'euros en 2018. Safran occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Pour répondre à l'évolution des marchés, le Groupe s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui ont représenté en 2018 des dépenses d'environ 1,5 milliard d'euros.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electronics & Defense est un leader mondial de solutions et de services en optronique, avionique, électronique et logiciels critiques, pour les marchés civils et de défense. La société équipe notamment plus de 1000 navires, 25 000 véhicules terrestres et 10 000 avions à travers le monde.