Export Compliance Coordinator
Performance et support
Ingénieur & Cadre
Description de la mission
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets.
Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees worldwide after the acquisition of Zodiac Aerospace, and has around €21 billion in adjusted revenue. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research & Development programs to keep pace with its fast-evolving markets.
Safran Electronics & Defense Avionics USA has acquired the Electromechanical Business (previously Collins) in February 2019. The company grows from a $100m revenue size to almost $300m with 4 different locations (Texas, California  , Mexico) and is a leader in cockpit controls and actuation with an extended field of expertise from product development, engineering & manufacturing to customer support and MRO.
Safran, for its Electronics & Defense division, is looking for an Export Compliance Coordinator for its California facility.
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - The Export Compliance Coordinator will coordinate and administer activities related to International Traffic and Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance in conjunction with company compliance and policies.
2) Key Responsibilities:
- - Responsible for ensuring applicable authorizations and licenses in order to properly Export SEDA hardware or technical data
- - Support international shipments to ensure shipping documents are accurate, and ensure all associated export licenses are in place prior to shipment.
- - Interface with brokers to provide support for clearance of goods, to resolve or answer to problems concerning SEDA's shipments.
- - Keep management informed on risk mitigation action plan
- - Support and train local operations on proper processes and updates
- - Responsible for classifying assemblies and components according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)
- - Work with Engineering, Customer Service and Product Management on both HTS and ECCN product classification determinations.
- - Actively support the order/quotation screening process by assisting customers, salesforce, proposals and customer service personnel.
3) Required Competencies:
- - Experience: Minimum of 2 years of export compliance experience or a closely related discipline.
- - Harmonized Tariff Schedule Classification is a must
- - Strong working knowledge of import and export regulations including expert knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the U.S. Import Regulations (19 CFR), and the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as others that may apply.
- - Strong USML/ECCN jurisdiction & HTS classification skills.
- - Familiarity with U.S. government regulations, procedures and organizations is highly desired
- - Position requires an individual who is a self-starter, detailed oriented and well organized
- - The ability to interpret complex and/or detailed regulations, with limited guidance and/or direction required
- - Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required
- - Requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, with a customer-oriented attitude
- - Ability to review and understand technical data for export classifications for product types
- - Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, and other teams
- - Operating a personal computer with proficiency in related technical and specialized software.
- - SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) experience is appreciated.
- - Presenting and delivering information effectively
- - Other duties as assigned.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 92 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 21 milliards d'euros en 2018. Safran occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Pour répondre à l'évolution des marchés, le Groupe s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui ont représenté en 2018 des dépenses d'environ 1,5 milliard d'euros.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electronics & Defense est un leader mondial de solutions et de services en optronique, avionique, électronique et logiciels critiques, pour les marchés civils et de défense. La société équipe notamment plus de 1000 navires, 25 000 véhicules terrestres et 10 000 avions à travers le monde.
Engineering ManagerPublié le 10/11/2019Costa Mesa, États-Unis CDI Electronique et automatique
Business Unit ControllerPublié le 09/11/2019Costa Mesa, États-Unis CDI Finance & Gestion
IT Operations ManagerPublié le 29/10/2019Costa Mesa, États-Unis CDI Management de la donnée et systèmes d'informations