To fulfill their operational missions in extreme conditions, military aircraft require technologies offering high performance and precision. Based on its expertise in aeronautical solutions for many armed forces, Safran Electronics & Defense offers solutions adapted to your needs from navigation to mission preparation.
For military transport and combat aircraft, Safran Electronics & Defense develops systems improving pilot safety, aircraft performance and mission success:
- The navigation systems and optronics solutions provide the information required by the pilot and the weapons system for operations to achieve optimum effectiveness.
- The solutions for the propulsion, braking and landing systems and the electrical distribution management systems optimize the aircraft's operation and reliability during all phases of the flight.
- The monitoring systems anticipate maintenance operations and increase the availability of combat and transport aircraft.
- The command and mission preparation systems satisfy all your operational requirements.
- The modernization programs mean you can benefit from the latest-generation equipment and weapons.
Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
GADIRS Navigation System
GADIRS (GPS Air Data & Inertial Reference System) is a hybrid triplex navigation system with a high level of security and integrity. Designed to meet the future needs of military transport aircraft, it can be used to carry out all tactical or strategic military air transport missions in hostile environments (e.g., unassisted landings on short airstrips).
As it is also certified to civilian standards, the GADIRS, can easily operate in commercial air traffic The GADIRS system has been selected by Airbus for the A400M European military transport plane.
- 3,000combat aircraft fitted with Safran INS
- 21,500aircraft engines use FADEC systems
- 27,000gyros produced each year