As the world leader in the field of helicopter flight control systems, Safran Electronics & Defense has developed a full range of products to suit all requirements, for both original equipment and retrofitting, for any category of helicopter. Whether your helicopters are used for civil or military operations, you can benefit from Safran's expertise. Safran Electronics & Defense meets your needs by offering high-tech systems and equipment that are extremely reliable and which guarantee safe, optimized implementation of the aircraft.
Safran Electronics & Defense offers a full range of helicopter systems and equipment in the areas of flight control, autopilot, inertial navigation, data analysis, observation and mission management. Dedicated to civil and military applications, they have logged over 12 million flight hours. Safran design and produce:
- imaging, navigation, information and observation systems, which improve the comfort of the pilots, the safety of the operations and the success of even the most complex missions,
- solutions for propulsion, braking and landing systems, which contribute to the performance and effectiveness of many civil and military aircraft,
- modular mission, weapons and airborne optronic systems, which enable combat helicopters to handle all types of operations.
As the satisfaction of our customers is of the utmost importance, Safran also offers a customer support service that is available worldwide, to install, maintain, and repair equipment and train users.
Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
New-generation active side stick unit
Safran's new active side stick unit for civil aircraft and helicopters incorporates a number of patented innovations. It features high reliability, a robust design that stands up to all types of contingencies, and an optimized architecture allowing real-time regulation of load laws. Both pilot-copilot coordination and the management of stressful situations are greatly facilitated, thanks to the stick shaker and fine synchronization of side stick units.
The active side stick unit was extensively tested with input from seasoned pilots, to ensure flight safety and also support crew training.
- 160airlines use Cassiopée flight data analysis services
- 11,000actuators produced each year
- 250,000flight data analyzed by Cassiopée per year