Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
Engine control and monitoring on airliners ensures they always operate at peak efficiency. Safran Electronics & Defense's FADEC range (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) offers reliable, effective solutions.
Control units for optimum engine performance
Both for the precise metering of the turbojets thrust, or the synchronization of turboprop propeller speed and pitch, the engine control units ensure that the engine electronics are protected against overspeed and reduce the pilot's workload. By continuously processing and analyzing data collected by multiple sensors, the engine control units of Safran's FADEC 1, 2, 3 and 4 control the actuators in real time. Designed for harsh environments, they offer lower costs of ownership, facilitate maintenance management and diagnostics. Developed by the FADEC International joint venture held equally with BAE Systems, Safran's FADEC's equip over 10,000 commercial aircraft.
The Safran FADEC range:
- FADEC 1: Airbus A318, A319, A320, A321, Boeing B747, B767 and MD11
- FADEC 2: Airbus A330, A340, Boeing 737 and B777
- FADEC 3: Airbus A380, A320, A400M, Boeing 777ER, B737NG, B787, B747-8, Sukhoi Superjet 100
- FADEC 4: The LEAP engines on the NEO A320, the B737 Max, the C919 (Comac) and the PassPort 20 (Bombardier)
Main technical characteristics:
- Dual channel
- Vibrations: 40 g (40 times the weight)
- Temperature limits: - 55°, + 95°
- No susceptibility to lightning and radar radiation
- MTBUR: 25,000 flight hours
- Software developed according to Do178D DAL A standard
- Complex components developed according to Do254 level A standard