Have a question? Want more information about our solutions and services?
Observing, detecting threats as early as possible and designating targets are essential to the success of land combat missions. With the Sperwer Mk.II tactical UAV, Safran Electronics & Defense provides you with a versatile system that is easy to deploy whose performances are regularly proven in various theaters.
Sperwer: the tactical UAV operating directly in combat zones
The Sperwer Mk.II UAV fulfills all intelligence-gathering, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance missions (ISTAR) for up to 6 hours. Its gyrostabilized Euroflir 350 optronic pod is used to gather the information necessary for accurate assessment of the tactical situation. Used on a daily basis in combat operations, Sperwer fulfills the needs of missions performed at brigade and Task Force level perfectly.
Sperwer has capabilities allowing it to be deployed in all theaters:
- catapult launch and recovery with a parachute
- range of action of 200km with a direct link (LOS)
- 6-hour endurance
- handover capability between two GCSs
- air-transportable in freight aircraft
Highly versatile embedded equipment:
- day/night gyrostabilized optronic sensor (EO/IR)
- digital J band data link (15 GHz)
- transponder/IFF mode 3C and VHF relay to ATC
- direct transmission of the images to the troops via an RVT terminal